The first international conference on Sustainable Energy and Climate in African Municipalities (SECAM 2019) will take place from 22nd to 25th of October 2019 at the ENSTP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Travaux Publics); Yaoundé, Cameroon. The theme for next year’s SECAM conference is “Increase access to quality, affordable housing for every household in the municipality.” More information about this event, please visit: www.secamconference.
Local authorities, business leaders and experts from Africa and other sustainable energy and climate research institutions throughout the world will gather in Yaoundé from 22nd to 25th of October 2019 at the ENSTP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Travaux Publics) to discuss ways to increase access to quality, affordable housing for every household in the African municipalities. The Conference will also look to improve public and scientific knowledge about the following UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): (Goal 7) Affordable and Clean Energy, (Goal 11) Sustainable Cities and Communities, (Goal 12) Responsible Production and Consumption, (Goal 13) Climate Action.
There are major concerns about some of the issues represented by the SDGs, the New Urban Agenda and the Paris Agreement. In a rapidly changing and urbanising Africa, the provision of adequate and affordable housing remains a key priority for all governments. In addition, decent, affordable housing is fundamental to the health and well-being of people and to the smooth functioning of the economy. Hence, the main goal of the SECAM 2019 conference is to provide a lasting platform to fuel future talents and innovators for global enterprises, universities, scientific research institutes and public institutions; and to prompt the development of the low carbon economy in Africa by promoting innovative low-cost building materials and construction techniques for quality affordable mass housing in African municipalities.
The SECAM 2019 conference programme should reflect and tackle the concerns of the African municipalities including the built environment industry and create an action plan for change. In addition, during the SECAM 2019 conference, there will also be:
– Training for professionals (Architects, researchers, engineers, government officers) in the bioclimatic and passive design / renovation “PassivHaus” of buildings and the BIM.
– Practical training for local craftsmen in construction on the application of various sustainable technologies
– Round tables and debates
Key Talking Points: The topics for discussion at this conference cover most aspects of affordable residential building design & construction, including the following:
• Whole Building Design Approach
• Bioclimatic/Passive House Design Approach
• Zero-Net Energy Homes and Passive House Design
• Alternative Renewable Energy Generating Systems
• Building Information Modeling (BIM) Application in Residential Construction
• Building Integrated Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Systems
• Building Performance Assessment/Metrics/Verification Methods and Occupant Behavior
• Building Science and Building Enclosures
• Energy Efficient Building Components
• Fire Damage and Protection
• High Performance Residential Buildings
• Indoor Air Quality
• Innovations in Green roofs and Façade/Envelope Systems
• Innovations in Residential Architecture and Design
• Innovations in Modular and Manufactured Housing
• Innovative and Emerging Housing Construction Methods/Systems
• Innovative Wall, Floor, Roof, Window, and Siding Systems
• Low-Income and Affordable Housing
• Panelized Building Components
• Retrofit of Existing Buildings for Energy Efficiency
• Smart Home Technologies
• Sustainable Housing Construction Materials and Methods
Miss Alexia GHOMNSI
Executive Assistant | SECAM – Conference | Maison de l’Habitat Durable Nkolmbong, via Etoudi, Abottoir, BP 4596 Yaoundé, Cameroon | Office +237243587781 | Portable +237 673524600 | [email protected] | www.secam-conference.org | Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/secam2018/
To receive more information about the upcoming European Energy Centre courses: