Heat Pumps & A/C Systems
Two-day course (Basic + Advanced)
Who it is for:
Technicians and individuals intending to learn how to install, maintain and repair heat pumps and air-conditioning plants.
Location: Edinburgh Napier University
When: Book Now
Courses run on a regular basis. Contact us to book your place now.
Introduction to Heat Pumps, UK and EU market analysys.
Heat Pump Unit:
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration: physical quantities, measurement units.
- Analysis of the refrigerating circuit and its components: compressor, evaporator, condenser, valves, filters, Thermodynamic cycle.
- Refrigerating fluids.
- Gauge reading. Pressure-temperature. Different types of compressors (hermetic, reciprocating, rotary and scroll).
Heat pump systems:
- Different Heat Sources: Air Water, Ground
- Different Sink Sources: Air, Water, Ground
- Different ground source heat pumps configuration
- COP Performance optimization,
- Heating Seasonal Performance Factor HSPF
Retrofit. Different techniques of installation. lists of faults.
Leak detection and tools used, practice. Practice on refrigeration and heat pump system. Working pressures and temperatures. Examples and analysis of faults and their repair.
Tips, advice and best practice recommendations.
Certificate of Participation provided.
Galileo Master Certificate, Internationally recognised: provided to successful candidates of exam (administrative cost for sitting the exam £45)
£270 Course + Certificate of Participation or
£315 Course + Certificate of Participation + Exam for Galileo Master Certificate
*Spaces are limited, we therefore recommend reserving your space as soon as possible.