* Course Approved by The Sector Skills Council for Construction.
WHO IS IT FOR:
This Course is designed for the non-electrically trained Installation and Service Personnel who are required to make electrical connections to and test renewable energy equipment, water heaters, central heating boilers, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment. It will also serve as a refresher to those who are already experienced in the installation of electro mechanical plant requiring to meet the latest Regulations. The Course would also serve as useful to those managing Service Personnel with a view to ensuring Safe Working Practices are adhered to.
Delegates will require a basic knowledge of simple arithmetic i.e. addition, subtraction and multiplication of fractions.
Edinburgh Napier University - Renewable Energy Course
Courses run on a regular basis.
This Course is designed to cover the Safe Isolation of electrically powered or controlled equipment, identifying types of Instrumentation used in Installation and Testing, develop an understanding and interpretation of the essential Regulations applicable to working with electricity.
Electrical Concepts, Safe Isolation Methods, Instrumentation, Electrical Regulations, Supply Systems, Earthing and Bonding, Termination Skills, Electrical Safety and Electrical Controls.
At the end of the Course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise and calculate electrical quantities
- Identify common Supply System Arrangements
- Measure Voltage, Current and Resistance values
- Identify any possible contraventions of The Electricity at Work Regulations
- Safely isolate electrical equipment and circuits
- Survey an installation for Electrical Bonding
- Install permanent and temporary Continuity Bonding Conductors
- Terminate electrical cables and flexible cords to appliances and equipment
- Verify the safe and correct operation of Electrical Control Devices
- Perform Electrical Safety Checks and Tests on appliances and equipment
A comprehensive manual is provided including, formulae, exercises and graphic illustrations, including reference tables for on-going use.
£400 (£480 inc VAT) (This course qualifies for Construction Skills Certification & Registration, valid for 5 years)
+ (optional) £45 (£54 inc VAT) administration fees for Galileo Master Certificate, if successful on exam.